Justin Bieber crowned Twitter king
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Pop star Justin Bieber has become the most-followed person on micro-blogging site Twitter, surpassing previous record holder Lady GaGa.
The Canadian teen sensation successfully scored 33,315,521 followers, a massive amount that was enough to beat GaGa's 33,315,459 followers.
The "Boyfriend" singer garners an average of 40,055 followers a day, while Gaga adds around 30,495 users to her follower list each day, reported Aceshowbiz.
Bieber and Gaga have been in Twitter's most-followed competition for quite a while. The "Judas" singer joined the site in March 2008, a year before the teenage heartthrob. She ruled the social media since August 2010 with 5.7 million followers, surpassing Britney Spears at the time.
By January this year, the gap between her and Bieber's followers narrowed rapidly. Reacting to result, Gaga gave a shoutout to the ex-boyfriend of Selena Gomez, "So proud of @justinbieber and all the Beliebers! I'm only happy to see your fans growing in size, you all deserve it!."
According to Twittercounter.com, which updates its result on daily-basis, the third most-followed person on the site was Katy Perry.
She has around 31.4 million followers, gaining an average of 29,843 a day. The fourth and fifth spots respectively were placed by Rihanna and President Barack Obama.