Justin Bieber crowned Twitter king
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Pop star Justin Bieber has become the most-followed person on micro-blogging site Twitter, surpassing previous record holder Lady GaGa.
The Canadian teen sensation successfully scored 33,315,521 followers, a massive amount that was enough to beat GaGa's 33,315,459 followers.
The "Boyfriend" singer garners an average of 40,055 followers a day, while Gaga adds around 30,495 users to her follower list each day, reported Aceshowbiz.
Bieber and Gaga have been in Twitter's most-followed competition for quite a while. The "Judas" singer joined the site in March 2008, a year before the teenage heartthrob. She ruled the social media since August 2010 with 5.7 million followers, surpassing Britney Spears at the time.
By January this year, the gap between her and Bieber's followers narrowed rapidly. Reacting to result, Gaga gave a shoutout to the ex-boyfriend of Selena Gomez, "So proud of @justinbieber and all the Beliebers! I'm only happy to see your fans growing in size, you all deserve it!."
According to Twittercounter.com, which updates its result on daily-basis, the third most-followed person on the site was Katy Perry.