Justin Bieber movie will happen next year: Mark Wahlberg
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
"The Departed" star Mark Wahlberg plans to start work on his new film with Justin Bieber next year.
The 41-year-old actor says that the popstar's people are excited about teaming up with him for a new basketball-focused motion picture, reported Ace Showbiz.
"We were at Paramount pitching a different movie and we had the meeting and I said, 'Hey, by the way what do you think about me and Justin Bieber in a like Color of Money-type of basketball, street hustler movie?'
"They bought it in the room in five seconds. So we developed the script, the studio loves it, his camp loves it," he said.
However, both Wahlberg and Bieber won't be able to begin production on the film until 2014, as they both have outstanding commitments.
"He's touring and I'm doing Transformers, Ted 2 and another movie so we will probably do it next year. If I don't do it, we will do it with him and someone else and I'll produce it," the actor said.
The star added, "I'm the hustler and he's the kid I have to reluctantly mentor because he's a very good basketball player.
"We got the idea when we saw him playing basketball in a celebrity thing, and I play a lot of basketball, so we thought it would make for an interesting movie. I think if he's in the right project, I think he could be very good," he added.