Justin Bieber smoking weed pics driving fans to mutilate themselves
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Fan reaction has been extreme after pictures of Justin Bieber apparently smoking a joint went viral.
Prompted by users of website 4chan, Bieber fans known as Beliebers were encouraged to take to Twitter and post pictures of themselves self-harming with the hashtag "CutForBieber," to demonstrate how upset they were about the pictures.
The campaign was started by some terrible internet trolls on 4chan, a site that hosts a number of bulletin boards where members can post pretty much anything they like.
On a board that has now been removed, one user wrote: "Lets start a cut yourself for Bieber campaign. Tweet a bunch of pics of people cutting themselves and claim we did it because Bieber was smoking weed."
Whilst some Twitter users found the #CutForBieber hashtag amusing, it made others more than a little angry.
The most high profile tweeter to react to the sick campaign was Miley Cyrus, who retweeted: "#cutforbieber? Cutting is NOT something to joke about. There are people who are actually suffering from self-harm, this is so disrespectful."
Following the publication of the controversial images, the teen popstar himself took to Twitter to write a series of emotional tweets, with the singer revealing that he was "growing", "learning" and didn't want to "let any of you down."