Juvenile accused in gangrape case has appendix removed
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
New Delhi: The juvenile accused in the gangrape of the 23-year-old woman had to undergo an appendectomy procedure at Lok Nayak Hospital on Saturday. Sources said he was brought to the hospital after he complained of severe abdominal pain. "We found he had appendicitis, or inflammation of the appendix. A basic surgery was performed to remove his appendix on Saturday," a source said. The accused is stable and is likely to be discharged in a couple of days.
Home Guard molested on bus
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman Home Guard was allegedly molested in a DTC bus in Madhu Vihar, East Delhi, on Wednesday. Ranjeet (32) has been arrested. Police said the Home Guard boarded the bus (Route No. 534 from Anand Vihar to Mehrauli) to go to a police station in East Delhi. "When the bus reached the Balco Apartment bus stop in IP Extension area, Ranjeet began to misbehave with her. When she resisted, he threatened to take her along with him. She raised an alarm and confronted Ranjeet. Commuters intervened and caught him," a senior police officer said.