Juvenile accused in gangrape case has appendix removed
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Elections 2014 Live: FIR filed against Hema Malini, Pawar campaigns for daughter Supriya
New Delhi: The juvenile accused in the gangrape of the 23-year-old woman had to undergo an appendectomy procedure at Lok Nayak Hospital on Saturday. Sources said he was brought to the hospital after he complained of severe abdominal pain. "We found he had appendicitis, or inflammation of the appendix. A basic surgery was performed to remove his appendix on Saturday," a source said. The accused is stable and is likely to be discharged in a couple of days.
Home Guard molested on bus
New Delhi: A 25-year-old woman Home Guard was allegedly molested in a DTC bus in Madhu Vihar, East Delhi, on Wednesday. Ranjeet (32) has been arrested. Police said the Home Guard boarded the bus (Route No. 534 from Anand Vihar to Mehrauli) to go to a police station in East Delhi. "When the bus reached the Balco Apartment bus stop in IP Extension area, Ranjeet began to misbehave with her. When she resisted, he threatened to take her along with him. She raised an alarm and confronted Ranjeet. Commuters intervened and caught him," a senior police officer said.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit