Juvenile among four held for gangrape
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
Three persons were arrested and a juvenile detained on Monday for allegedly raping a 25-year-old woman in Shahbad Dairy, Outer Delhi, last week.
Police identified those arrested as Pawan, Praveen and Bheel — all from Haryana's Sonepat district. According to police, Pawan was in a relationship with the woman for the past five years.
The men were arrested after the victim told police that she was raped by Pawan and others when she met them on February 11. A case was registered at Shahbad Dairy police station.
"The victim alleged that Pawan had borrowed money from her and had not returned it, despite repeated demands. That day, Pawan asked her to meet him near Khera Khurd canal on the pretext of returning her the money. When she reached there, Pawan and his three aides were waiting in a car. She sat in the vehicle with them and later an argument broke out between them. After this, the woman was gangraped," a senior police officer said.
The woman called the police control room.
"The PCR call was about a quarrel. But when our team went there, the woman alleged that she was raped by the men, who abandoned their car and fled after she made the call," the officer said.
The men were apprehended soon as the victim knew them.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'