Juvenile Justice Act essentially a social welfare law
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
Can they be lodged in an institution after they turn 18?
Section 44 of the Act provides for establishment or recognition of after-care institutions by the state government for lodging juveniles after their release from observation homes. However, the period of such stay for a juvenile over 17 but less than 18 has been limited to three years or till he attains the age of 20 years.