Jwala Gutta focusing on fitness to be battle-ready for Olympics
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Expressing confidence that she would do well in next month's Olympics, ace shuttler Jwala Gutta today said she is focusing on her fitness to be battle-ready for the London Games.
"I am focusing a lot on my fitness right now. Because, I will be playing two events and fitness is going to be playing a very important factor. I am working hard and doing well for now," she told reporters here at a commercial event.
In a unique feat, Jwala will be playing in women's doubles and also mixed doubles in the mega sporting event
starting from July 27.
Replying to a query, Jwala said she does not take the pressure to perform but would like to give her best shot to win medal in the Olympics.
"Expecting a medal from me, it is a big achievement. I will not take it as pressure, I will take it in a positive way. I always enjoyed playing in such big events. I am definitely going to give my best," she said.
The 28-year-old felt that shuttler Saina Nehwal, shooter Gagan Narang and women boxer Mary Kom are among the other sportspersons who can win medals in the Olympics.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness