Jyoti murder: Doon MLA procured SIM cards on ‘fake identities’
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
In a breakthrough in the murder of 24-year-old Jyoti Rani involving Doon MLA Ram Kumar Chaudhary, probe has revealed that he was in regular touch with her and called her from SIM cards procured on fake addresses and identities. The girl was found murdered in Sector 21 on November 21. The MLA is on the run.
Investigation has revealed that Chaudhary procured the SIM cards in the name of one Suresh in Himachal Pradesh and Anil Kumar, a resident of Jatonwalan Mohalla, Manimajra. But their addresses proved to be fake. Sources said that Chaudhary used to call Jyoti from these numbers.
The disclosure was made during the questioning of SIM card dealer Asheeh Kumar, arrested on Saturday.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress