Jyoti murder: Doon MLA procured SIM cards on ‘fake identities’
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani files nomination
In a breakthrough in the murder of 24-year-old Jyoti Rani involving Doon MLA Ram Kumar Chaudhary, probe has revealed that he was in regular touch with her and called her from SIM cards procured on fake addresses and identities. The girl was found murdered in Sector 21 on November 21. The MLA is on the run.
Investigation has revealed that Chaudhary procured the SIM cards in the name of one Suresh in Himachal Pradesh and Anil Kumar, a resident of Jatonwalan Mohalla, Manimajra. But their addresses proved to be fake. Sources said that Chaudhary used to call Jyoti from these numbers.
The disclosure was made during the questioning of SIM card dealer Asheeh Kumar, arrested on Saturday.