K.C. Bokadia threatened as he shoots Dirty Politics in Indore
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
According to director K.C. Bokadia, both he and Mallika Sherawat have received threatening calls regarding the film Dirty Politics, produced by Praful Saklecha. But he has gone ahead with the shooting of the film which is based on the high-profile case of Bhanwaridevi, a 36-year old nurse who went missing from Jodhpur's Bilara area. The unit is currently shooting in Indore with Sherawat and Om Puri. Bokadia said, "It was established that Bhanwaridevi was murdered by a prominent politician in 2011. But I have presented the film in my own way."
I&B Minister to take industry into confidence while framing policies
Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting, Manish Tewari has assured the media that the industry views will be taken into consideration while framing policies. Speaking at the International Advertising Association's first IAA Leadership Awards function in Mumbai, the minister pointed out the many paradoxes associated with the entertainment industry. He highlighted the need to create a statutory mechanism to address issues related to entertainment industry. Tewari said, "Freedom of speech should not extend to the right to offend and an individual's right to privacy must be respected."
Govinda's cameo in Aankhen 2?
Producer Pahlaj Nihalani is set to make the sequel to his 1993 superhit comedy Aankhen. To be helmed by Anees Bazmee, it is titled Aankhen Char. According to Nihalani, the film is to star fresh faces and will have Govinda doing a cameo.
"We will announce the cast after we finish the auditioning," he said. Aankhen Char is scheduled to go on floors in August. The original which had Govinda, Chunky Panday and Kader Khan was directed by David Dhawan. Meanwhile, Nihalani is also working on Avatar which marks the comeback of Govinda after a hiatus of four years. It is slated to release in June.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18