K.C. Bokadia threatened as he shoots Dirty Politics in Indore
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
According to director K.C. Bokadia, both he and Mallika Sherawat have received threatening calls regarding the film Dirty Politics, produced by Praful Saklecha. But he has gone ahead with the shooting of the film which is based on the high-profile case of Bhanwaridevi, a 36-year old nurse who went missing from Jodhpur's Bilara area. The unit is currently shooting in Indore with Sherawat and Om Puri. Bokadia said, "It was established that Bhanwaridevi was murdered by a prominent politician in 2011. But I have presented the film in my own way."
I&B Minister to take industry into confidence while framing policies
Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting, Manish Tewari has assured the media that the industry views will be taken into consideration while framing policies. Speaking at the International Advertising Association's first IAA Leadership Awards function in Mumbai, the minister pointed out the many paradoxes associated with the entertainment industry. He highlighted the need to create a statutory mechanism to address issues related to entertainment industry. Tewari said, "Freedom of speech should not extend to the right to offend and an individual's right to privacy must be respected."
Govinda's cameo in Aankhen 2?
Producer Pahlaj Nihalani is set to make the sequel to his 1993 superhit comedy Aankhen. To be helmed by Anees Bazmee, it is titled Aankhen Char. According to Nihalani, the film is to star fresh faces and will have Govinda doing a cameo.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance