Kabaddi World Cup: DC holds meet to review arrangements
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
In order to ensure that the administration does not have to cut a sorry figure at the last moment, Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tewari on Thursday held a special meeting with the heads of various departments for the closing ceremony of the Kabaddi World Cup-2012 which would be held in Guru Nanak Stadium on December 15.
Deputy Commissioner of Police S Bhupathi was also said to be present at the meeting.
Laying special focus on adequate drinking water for the public, Tewari said the ''administration will ensure that spectators get clean drinking water during the whole event''.
He told the health department to deploy a team round the clock to avoid any mishap. He also directed the power officials to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the stadium during the event.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism