Kabaddi World Cup: DC holds meet to review arrangements
- Supreme Court to hear Sahara chief Subrata Roy's bail plea today
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
In order to ensure that the administration does not have to cut a sorry figure at the last moment, Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tewari on Thursday held a special meeting with the heads of various departments for the closing ceremony of the Kabaddi World Cup-2012 which would be held in Guru Nanak Stadium on December 15.
Deputy Commissioner of Police S Bhupathi was also said to be present at the meeting.
Laying special focus on adequate drinking water for the public, Tewari said the ''administration will ensure that spectators get clean drinking water during the whole event''.
He told the health department to deploy a team round the clock to avoid any mishap. He also directed the power officials to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the stadium during the event.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate Ghanshayam Thori will be present throughout the event. For any queries, one can coordinate with him.