Kabaddi World Cup: DC holds meet to review arrangements
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
In order to ensure that the administration does not have to cut a sorry figure at the last moment, Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tewari on Thursday held a special meeting with the heads of various departments for the closing ceremony of the Kabaddi World Cup-2012 which would be held in Guru Nanak Stadium on December 15.
Deputy Commissioner of Police S Bhupathi was also said to be present at the meeting.
Laying special focus on adequate drinking water for the public, Tewari said the ''administration will ensure that spectators get clean drinking water during the whole event''.
He told the health department to deploy a team round the clock to avoid any mishap. He also directed the power officials to ensure uninterrupted power supply to the stadium during the event.