Kabbadi extravaganza: Capt lashes out at Badals for ‘semi-nude’ dance show
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Lashing out at the Kabbadi World Cup extravaganza in Bathinda on Tuesday, state Congress president Capt Amarinder Singh accused Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal of presiding over dance performance of "semi nude" women in the name of kabbadi world cup.
Speaking on the second day of the Punjab Bachao Yatra in Moga on Wednesday, Amarinder said: "The Badals are feeling so desperate that they had to stoop so low to stage semi nude dances to draw the crowds and that too in Bathinda — represented by one of their family members." To make his point, he also showed pictures of these dances that have been published in the newspapers.
Amarinder questioned the claims of the deputy chief minister on hosting the world cup, saying that the teams participating in the tournament were not representing their countries and had not been recognised by their respective governments. "This is only a show for Sukhbir's personal survival where he has crossed all the limits of modesty for gathering crowds to satisfy his ego," he said while describing it as a shameless act on part of the Badals.
"For last five years you looted them, you robbed them, you intimidated them and now you think that you can make them forget your sins by these semi nude dances?" he asked Badals, while adding that nothing was going to save them from an imminent defeat staring them on the face, which is just three months away. He claimed that Sukhbir Badal was now buying a personal helicopter, as he knew that he was not going to stay in power anymore after the elections.
Amarinder also took a dig at Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for greeting people of Punjab on the formation of Punjabi Suba. "It is no longer a suba but a subi (a smaller state) created by Akalis as a Sikh majority state so that they could form the government here. In this selfish pursuit, they shrank Punjab and squandered all the main resources to Himachal Pradesh and Haryana," he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress