Kadam chalks out relief measures for drought-hit areas
- With Air Force flypast, Republic Day parade concludes at Rajpath
- Republic Day celebrations pass off peacefully in Kashmir
- India, France talk tough on terror, stuck on Rafale price
- Continue to complain, rebel, demand, President Pranab Mukherjee tells nation
- Tamil Nadu suicides: College owner turns herself in
Relief and Rehabilitation Minister Patangrao Kadam Thursday announced ten relief measures for drought-affected areas in the Legislative Council.
Discussion on drought was initiated on Wednesday and continued on Thursday. Kadam said in his reply, "Rescheduling of loans, 33 % rebate in power bill, changes in the criteria for MNREGA works, inclusion of more works in MNREGA, examination fee waiver for students, water supply by tanker and bullock-carts, priority to drinking water supply, no severing of power connection for failure to pay electricity bills, one-year moratorium on repayment of crop loans and relief in land revenue tax to farmers will be the ten measures to help the drought-hit people of the state."
These measures will be applicable to places where an anewari of less than 50 paise has been declared, he said.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will be making a detailed statement in this regard in both Houses, the minister said.
This is the second consecutive drought year in the state. A senior water shortage is impending in the coming few months. The government will ensure water and fodder for every animal and many fodder camps have already been opened. The Centre has given 571 crore as relief to the state and more is expected in the days to come, Kadam informed the House.
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?
- France and India: A most exceptional friendship
- Amit Shah’s re-election, backed by the RSS, firms up the party’s 2019 strategy
- Data shows that jihadi terrorism has actually declined
- Activists cry for Rohith but do they ever fight for true empowerment of Dalits?