Kadana rape case: Cop probing rape case on leave, no one knows till when
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Even as victim of Kadana rape case is running from one hospital to another for treatment, there is "no" police officer in this taluka of Panchmahals district to conduct a probe in the alleged incident.
Set up in September 2011, Kadana police station has no police inspector since July last after the police inspector there retired. At present, there is not even a police sub-inspector except the one stationed on Kadana dam.
"The police station has a sanctioned strength of 56 personnel but presently we have just 32," said a source.
At present, circle police inspector of neighbouring Lunavada, M H Sutar, is in charge of Kadana. Top district police officers confirmed this had been the norm since the time the new police station was carved out.
Sutar, who is the investigation officer (IO) in the rape case, has been on leave since Sunday. Neither district SP Sachin Badshah nor other police officers in Lunawada could tell when he would report back on duty. "We have vacancy for two inspectors. We are also short of eight PSIs. However, Kadana is not very prone to crime and absence of police officers will not affect probe in the case," Badshah told The Indian Express.
Kadana police have booked Hanif Kureshi, a resident of Lunavada taluka, and two others for kidnapping and rape but the trio are at large.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it