Kadana rape victim admitted to Godhra hospital again
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
15-year-old girl denied treatment by six hospitals
After six hospitals denied treatment of a minor girl who was allegedly raped on Thursday, the victim was again admitted to Godhra Civil Hospital on Tuesday.
"The girl is complaining of body pain. She has been admitted and we are conducting tests to know her ailment," Dr Ranjit Ravat, superintendent of Godhra Civil Hospital, told The Indian Express.
The ordeal of the 15-year-old had started after she was abducted from her village of Antalvada in Kadana talika and raped by a distant relative and two others on Thursday evening. Later, the assailants had dumped her in bushes away from the village to die.
After she was found, her family rushed her to district sub-hospital in Santrampur on Friday morning. However, since the incident had happened in Kadana taluka, the doctors referred her to community health centre (CHC) in Kadana. "Besides having been raped, she complained of body pain. So we gave her injections of painkillers and referred her to Godhra Civil Hospital for medical examination by a gynaecologist," said Dr Nilesh Pargi, medical officer of the CHC.
After registering a complaint of abduction and rape, Kadana police took her to Godhra Civil Hospital which referred the case to the SSG Hospital in Vadodara since there is no gynaecologist in the government hospital of the district for last one-and-half year.
At SSG Hospital, doctors confirmed rape on Saturday. However, due to alleged miscommunication between police and hospital authorities, she was discharged without any treatment.
"On Sunday, we took her to a private hospital in Modasa in neighbouring Sabarkantha district. But the doctor refused to treat my sister after we told him about the the rape incident," victim's brother said.
The family took the victim to another private hospital in Lunawada on Monday only to be shown the door "when the doctor was told of the incident". "Pain is so severe that she is unable to sit or stand up even to attend nature's call. Left with no option, we again took her to Godhra," the brother further said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready