Kader Khan 'dead' rumours do the rounds
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Kader Khan has become the latest celeb victim of an internet hoax as social networking sites were abuzz today with rumours about the actor's demise.
Rumours gained traction when a 'RIP Kader Khan' Facebook page was made, after which many took to micro-blogging site Twitter to pass on their condolences.
However, there was a debate online as some believed the reports to be frivolous.
" Kader Khan the legendary Bollywood actor, comedian, script and dialogue writer and director passed away today. May his soul rest in peace!," posted one user and there were several other tweets in the same vein.
But the air was cleared sooner rather than later.
Balaji Motion Pictures CEO Tanuj Garg said, " Kader Khan is fine. Why then are people bombarding my inbox with bad news?"
Another user tweeted, "Twitter & Facebook should be screened to stop hoax, pranks and rumors. Lamers here just killed a healthy legend. # Kader Khan is alive."
The 77-year-old multi-talented artist has been an essential part of numerous Hindi films, writing dialogues for blockbusters like 'Sharaabi', 'Coolie' and acting in 'Aankhen' and 'Hero No 1'.