Kader Khan 'dead' rumours do the rounds
- Union Minister VK Singh's wife files complaint against man alleging extortion, blackmail
- Villagers in dark about why PM Narendra Modi said they have power
- Kashmir: Two soldiers, one policeman killed as militants attack army convoy in Baramulla
- Supreme Court directs Unitech to refund Rs 15 cr to investors
- PV Sindhu stuns world No.2 Wang Yihan of China; win away from medal
Kader Khan has become the latest celeb victim of an internet hoax as social networking sites were abuzz today with rumours about the actor's demise.
Rumours gained traction when a 'RIP Kader Khan' Facebook page was made, after which many took to micro-blogging site Twitter to pass on their condolences.
However, there was a debate online as some believed the reports to be frivolous.
" Kader Khan the legendary Bollywood actor, comedian, script and dialogue writer and director passed away today. May his soul rest in peace!," posted one user and there were several other tweets in the same vein.
But the air was cleared sooner rather than later.
Balaji Motion Pictures CEO Tanuj Garg said, " Kader Khan is fine. Why then are people bombarding my inbox with bad news?"
Another user tweeted, "Twitter & Facebook should be screened to stop hoax, pranks and rumors. Lamers here just killed a healthy legend. # Kader Khan is alive."
The 77-year-old multi-talented artist has been an essential part of numerous Hindi films, writing dialogues for blockbusters like 'Sharaabi', 'Coolie' and acting in 'Aankhen' and 'Hero No 1'.
- Playing the Baloch card: We have acknowledged that India, Pakistan are deeply hyphenated
- Sharmila is the doer who breaks a grand vow to protect the greater common good
- Seventy years later, the sedition law is cramping all our freedoms
- Prepaid electricity in Manipur reduces power theft; improves supply
- Prime Minister’s I-Day speech was a spectacle that didn’t hold together
- Linking PoK with Balochistan could undermine India’s high moral ground vis a vis Pakistan