Kai Po Che: Housefull at Berlin world premier
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Kai Po Che's Berlin world premiere is sold out. The film is to be screened tonight at the prestigious film festival in a 1600 seater. Interestingly, two days before the screening, counters had to be shut as people had already bought all the tickets of Kai Po Che premiere -the only Bollywood film in the festival.
Kai Po Che - is hailed as one of the most awaited films of 2013 with people even calling it the friendship film of the year. Directed by Abhishek Kapoor and produced by UTV Motion Pictures, the film marks the big debut of Sushant Singh Rajput with Amit Sadh and Rajkumar as the other main leads. Music composed by Amit Trivedi has already found good attention for itself.
"The Kai Po Che World Premiere, to be held on Feb 13, in one of the largest and most prestigious venues at the Berlin International Film Festival, is already sold out! This massive auditorium seats 1600 people and we are simply overwhelmed with the excitement levels around the only Indian feature film to be premiered in Berlin this year!" says Siddharth Roy Kapur, Managing Director - Studios, Disney UTV.
Over the last few years, low budget films and films which have not much big star cast, is gaining popularity among audiences. Analysts believe that 'stereotype' cinema doesn't sell like a hot cake any more, audiences demand 'content'.