Kai Po Che premieres in Mumbai
- Srinagar: Militants shoot dead 3 policemen in two separate attacks
- Tamil Nadu: Jaya sworn in as Chief Minister for consecutive second term
- India's RLV-TD launch: All you need to know about the reusable space shuttle
- Trade, transit links on table, but Pakistan will be back of mind for both India, Iran
- Kerala: Jawan found dead with gunshot wounds at naval base in Kochi
Red carpet was rolled out on Monday evening for Bollywood's A-listers at the premiere of Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che, which is based on Chetan Bhagat's novel 3 Mistakes of My Life.
The who's who of Bollywood including Vidya Balan, whose husband Sidharth Roy Kapur has produced the movie, was also present at the premiere along with Hrithik Roshan, wife Sussanne Roshan, Ranveer Singh to name a few.
Hrithik's wife Sussanne wrote on Twitter: "@Abhishekapoor my dear friend.. Today Kai po Che will change our lives forever.. Great cinema unfolds to capture our heart and soul."
Actress Neha Dhupia also showered praises on the director and she tweeted: #KaiPoChe is simply outstanding. Congratulations @chetan_bhagat @_Amrita_Puri @Abhishekapoor and team #KaiPoChe. This one's a must watch."
The movie marks the Bollywood debut of Sushant Singh Rajput and Amit Sadh. Sushant, who made a mark on the small screen as Manav in hit TV serial Pavitra Rishta, was there with his girlfriend Ankita Lokhande.
The movie is a story about three friends played by Sushant, Amit and Rajkumar Yadav.
Other stars who made their presence felt at the premiere were Irrfan Khan, Ranveer Singh, Yami Gautam of Vick Donor fame, Anil Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar, Gangs Of Wasseypur girl Huma Qureshi and Arbaaz Khan along with director Farah Khan and writer Chetan Bhagat.
Besides this grand premiere in Mumbai yesterday, Abhishek also plans to hold a special screening for Aamir Khan, who is shooting for Peekay in Rajasthan.
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism
- President’s Rule must be abolished. Uttarakhand developments show why
- What President Pranab Mukherjee must say to Beijing
- Tony Cozier loved Caribbean cricket, brought the game alive for millions
- Chabahar test: An opportunity to India?