Kai Po Che premieres in Mumbai
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
Red carpet was rolled out on Monday evening for Bollywood's A-listers at the premiere of Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che, which is based on Chetan Bhagat's novel 3 Mistakes of My Life.
The who's who of Bollywood including Vidya Balan, whose husband Sidharth Roy Kapur has produced the movie, was also present at the premiere along with Hrithik Roshan, wife Sussanne Roshan, Ranveer Singh to name a few.
Hrithik's wife Sussanne wrote on Twitter: "@Abhishekapoor my dear friend.. Today Kai po Che will change our lives forever.. Great cinema unfolds to capture our heart and soul."
Actress Neha Dhupia also showered praises on the director and she tweeted: #KaiPoChe is simply outstanding. Congratulations @chetan_bhagat @_Amrita_Puri @Abhishekapoor and team #KaiPoChe. This one's a must watch."
The movie marks the Bollywood debut of Sushant Singh Rajput and Amit Sadh. Sushant, who made a mark on the small screen as Manav in hit TV serial Pavitra Rishta, was there with his girlfriend Ankita Lokhande.
The movie is a story about three friends played by Sushant, Amit and Rajkumar Yadav.
Other stars who made their presence felt at the premiere were Irrfan Khan, Ranveer Singh, Yami Gautam of Vick Donor fame, Anil Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar, Gangs Of Wasseypur girl Huma Qureshi and Arbaaz Khan along with director Farah Khan and writer Chetan Bhagat.
Besides this grand premiere in Mumbai yesterday, Abhishek also plans to hold a special screening for Aamir Khan, who is shooting for Peekay in Rajasthan.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment