Kai Po Che premieres in Mumbai
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy faces arrest, Supreme Court issues non-bailable warrant
- No execution for KLF terrorist Bhullar in present health condition: Centre tells SC
- Submarine INS Sindhuratna mishap: Two officers trapped inside feared dead, 7 sailors injured
- BJP offers seven seats to Paswan but with a rider: 'your symbol, our candidate'
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
The who's who of Bollywood including Vidya Balan, whose husband Sidharth Roy Kapur has produced the movie, was also present at the premiere along with Hrithik Roshan, wife Sussanne Roshan, Ranveer Singh to name a few.
Hrithik's wife Sussanne wrote on Twitter: "@Abhishekapoor my dear friend.. Today Kai po Che will change our lives forever.. Great cinema unfolds to capture our heart and soul."
Actress Neha Dhupia also showered praises on the director and she tweeted: #KaiPoChe is simply outstanding. Congratulations @chetan_bhagat @_Amrita_Puri @Abhishekapoor and team #KaiPoChe. This one's a must watch."
The movie marks the Bollywood debut of Sushant Singh Rajput and Amit Sadh. Sushant, who made a mark on the small screen as Manav in hit TV serial Pavitra Rishta, was there with his girlfriend Ankita Lokhande.
The movie is a story about three friends played by Sushant, Amit and Rajkumar Yadav.
Other stars who made their presence felt at the premiere were Irrfan Khan, Ranveer Singh, Yami Gautam of Vick Donor fame, Anil Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar, Gangs Of Wasseypur girl Huma Qureshi and Arbaaz Khan along with director Farah Khan and writer Chetan Bhagat.
Besides this grand premiere in Mumbai yesterday, Abhishek also plans to hold a special screening for Aamir Khan, who is shooting for Peekay in Rajasthan.
Kai Po Che, which is going to release on February 22, has already received a warm welcome at the Berlin Film Festival last week.