Kakoli's latest: Applying make-up won't make Deepa Dasmunsi a leader
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Trinamool Congress MP Kakoli Dastidar, who had kicked off a storm over her comment of Park Street gangrape case, on Sunday triggered another row by making provocative comments against Congress MP and Union minister Deepa Dasmunsi.
"By dancing and applying make-up, you can't become a leader. She can never become a leader by applying make up," Dastidar said in an obvious reference to Dasmunsi and challenged her to bring down Trinamool's tally from 19 to 1 in the next Lok Sabha elections as the Union minister had vowed to do so on some occasions in the past.
"I want to say her, forget about fighting Mamata Banerjee. I challenge you to come to my Lok Sabha constituency and defeat me in the next elections," Dastidar said.
Dasmunsi refused to make any comment on Dastidar's remarks.
"I don't want to comment on such provocative and cheap comments. Such kind of comments are against the tradition of Bengal and is against the tradition of the Congress," said Dasmunsi.
- Modi’s Idea of India
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar