Kakoli's latest: Applying make-up won't make Deepa Dasmunsi a leader
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Trinamool Congress MP Kakoli Dastidar, who had kicked off a storm over her comment of Park Street gangrape case, on Sunday triggered another row by making provocative comments against Congress MP and Union minister Deepa Dasmunsi.
"By dancing and applying make-up, you can't become a leader. She can never become a leader by applying make up," Dastidar said in an obvious reference to Dasmunsi and challenged her to bring down Trinamool's tally from 19 to 1 in the next Lok Sabha elections as the Union minister had vowed to do so on some occasions in the past.
"I want to say her, forget about fighting Mamata Banerjee. I challenge you to come to my Lok Sabha constituency and defeat me in the next elections," Dastidar said.
Dasmunsi refused to make any comment on Dastidar's remarks.
"I don't want to comment on such provocative and cheap comments. Such kind of comments are against the tradition of Bengal and is against the tradition of the Congress," said Dasmunsi.
State Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya said, Dasmunsi was being targeted by the Trinamool MPs as she was fighting against the misrule of the Trinamool in the state.