Kalmadi defies IOC with Asian meet decision
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Notwithstanding the IOC ban on the country, India will host the Asian Athletics Championships in Chennai in July as the continental athletics body, headed by Suresh Kalmadi, gave its go-ahead to the event on Saturday. Asian Athletics Association had allotted the Championships to Chennai in May last year but element of doubts arose after IOA was banned by the IOC last month on grounds of government interference.
The IOC had also directed the international federations to ensure that National Sports Federations in India function without any government interference. The decision to host the meet as scheduled was taken at Saturday's executive body meeting of AAA which was chaired by Suresh Kalmadi.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore