Kalwa murder case: Hunt on for suspect
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
Cops have launched a manhunt for a 25-year-old man, who is on the run after allegedly strangulating his pregnant wife to death at his Kalwa residence. According to the Kalwa police, the accused, identified as Raj Yadav alias Mohammed Mushtaq Sheikh (25), used to stay with his wife Yasmeen (19) in the Mafatlal Mills compound in Kalwa. On Monday morning, Yasmeen was found dead by her father, with a dupatta tied around her neck. Her father stays in the same locality and had gone to visit her. He informed the police about the incident and Mushtaq has gone missing since then.
Mushtaq was unemployed and an alcoholic. His unemployment as well as his addiction was the cause for friction between the couple. On Sunday night, the couple got into an argument so serious that Yasmeen had to call her parents, who brokered peace between them.