Kalwa murder case: Hunt on for suspect
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Cops have launched a manhunt for a 25-year-old man, who is on the run after allegedly strangulating his pregnant wife to death at his Kalwa residence. According to the Kalwa police, the accused, identified as Raj Yadav alias Mohammed Mushtaq Sheikh (25), used to stay with his wife Yasmeen (19) in the Mafatlal Mills compound in Kalwa. On Monday morning, Yasmeen was found dead by her father, with a dupatta tied around her neck. Her father stays in the same locality and had gone to visit her. He informed the police about the incident and Mushtaq has gone missing since then.
Mushtaq was unemployed and an alcoholic. His unemployment as well as his addiction was the cause for friction between the couple. On Sunday night, the couple got into an argument so serious that Yasmeen had to call her parents, who brokered peace between them.
Mushtaq assured her parents that he would not harm Yasmeen. However, when her father returned to their house on Monday, she was found dead,said police inspector Prakash Ekbote, Kalwa police station.