Kalyan asks Centre to withdraw quota Bill
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Raising his voice against quota in promotions, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh on Sunday said the decision is against the spirit of Constitution and will create a flutter in the administrative system. "If reservation is given in promotions, junior officers and employees will become seniors and vice versa," Kalyan said, asking the Centre to immediately withdraw the Constitution Amendment Bill in this regard. He said that the decision will adversely affect the administrative ability of the employees and create indiscipline.