Kalyan Singh homecoming: BJP brass Nitin Gadkari, Murli Manohar Joshi, Varun Gandhi to descend in Lucknow
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
On Monday, the UP unit of the BJP will enter election mode with the merger of former chief minister Kalyan Singh's party — Jan Kranti Party — which will be announced at "Atal Shankhnad Rally" in Lucknow.
All senior party leaders who are associated with the state will assemble on a single stage and announce a public campaign in the state, highlighting the '"good governance" of former Atal Behari Vajpayee government. State BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai said the party will make a promise to the people that good governance will be restored if BJP comes to the power in the next Lok sabha election.
During the rally, the party's national president Nitin Gadkari will launch a toll-free helpline to help the party connect with workers and the people in UP.
The rally will also see the presence of the party's pro-Hindutva faces. Former party president Murli Manohar Joshi and Rajnath Singh, national vice-presidents Kalraj Mishra and Vinay Katiyar, national secretary Varun Gandhi, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adiyanath, Charkhari MLA Uma Bharti will address the rally.