Kalyug fame Smilie Suri makes her TV debut with Jodha Akbar
- Chennai floods: Death toll crosses 260, Army rescues 5000 people
- Live: Rescue, relief in full swing as Chennai battles floods
- Delhi Assembly passes bill to effect 400% hike in MLA salary
- India playing major role in destroying climate: Maneka Gandhi
- 3 militants killed as Army foils major infiltration bid in JK
Smilie Suri, the female lead of 2005 film Kalyug, is all set to make her television debut with Jodha Akbar where she plays the character of Ruqaiya Begum, Akbar's first wife.
Unfortunately, after being signed in for the Zee TV project, she fell ill and has been hospitalised with high fever.
Smilie said she is anxious to get out of the hospital and start shooting for the period drama wherein she will appear on screen from eighth or ninth episode onwards.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one's not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my Kalyug character," said the actress.
- BJP setback in local polls may point to a growth model that does not create jobs
- The International Film Festival of India appears to be losing its raison d’être
- The myth of Intolerant India
- India’s secularism is indigenous, powerful than similar commitments by older democracies
- The real outrage
- Delhi Jan Lokpal bill: Kejriwal has turned ombudsman into a joke