Kalyug fame Smilie Suri makes her TV debut with Jodha Akbar
- Writers protest: government should respect The Word
- SC allows Aadhaar use on voluntary basis for government schemes
- Dance bars to reopen in Maharashtra after SC order, Fadnavis says will abide
- Amid strained ties, Nepal's foreign minister to visit India on October 17
- Blog: Why we are boycotting CIC's RTI convention
Smilie Suri, the female lead of 2005 film Kalyug, is all set to make her television debut with Jodha Akbar where she plays the character of Ruqaiya Begum, Akbar's first wife.
Unfortunately, after being signed in for the Zee TV project, she fell ill and has been hospitalised with high fever.
Smilie said she is anxious to get out of the hospital and start shooting for the period drama wherein she will appear on screen from eighth or ninth episode onwards.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one's not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my Kalyug character," said the actress.