Kalyug fame Smilie Suri makes her TV debut with Jodha Akbar
- Odisha: 21 dead as bus swerves to avoid hitting kid on bicycle, falls 50-feet off bridge
- Fadnavis, BMC quick to respond as Kapil Sharma tweets to PM Modi complaining of corruption
- North Korea nuclear test sets off blast more powerful than Hiroshima bombing
- A look at North Korea's nuclear, missile developments in 2016
- JNU, DU elections today: Students troop to polling booths to cast votes
Smilie Suri, the female lead of 2005 film Kalyug, is all set to make her television debut with Jodha Akbar where she plays the character of Ruqaiya Begum, Akbar's first wife.
Unfortunately, after being signed in for the Zee TV project, she fell ill and has been hospitalised with high fever.
Smilie said she is anxious to get out of the hospital and start shooting for the period drama wherein she will appear on screen from eighth or ninth episode onwards.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one's not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my Kalyug character," said the actress.
- In UP polls, BSP could play politics of Dalit-Muslim convergence
- The challenge is to find ways to build infrastructure in rural
- Shyamala Pappu fought for the rights of the aam aadmi
- Same data, opposite conclusions, Dr Subramanian?
- New RBI governor must build on Rajan’s legacy of commitment to inflation targeting
- Political executive and police management must share blame for crime in Delhi