Kalyug fame Smilie Suri makes her TV debut with Jodha Akbar
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
Smilie Suri, the female lead of 2005 film Kalyug, is all set to make her television debut with Jodha Akbar where she plays the character of Ruqaiya Begum, Akbar's first wife.
Unfortunately, after being signed in for the Zee TV project, she fell ill and has been hospitalised with high fever.
Smilie said she is anxious to get out of the hospital and start shooting for the period drama wherein she will appear on screen from eighth or ninth episode onwards.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one's not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my Kalyug character," said the actress.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity