Kalyug fame Smilie Suri makes her TV debut with Jodha Akbar
- BRICS LIVE: PM Modi holds talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on opening day
- Chinese state media slams West's 'bad mouthing' of BRICS
- Delegitimise all terror groups operating on your soil, US tells Pakistan
- Two men charged with hate crime in attack on Sikh in California
- Army won’t forgive if we sleep when we should be awake: PM Narendra Modi
Smilie Suri, the female lead of 2005 film Kalyug, is all set to make her television debut with Jodha Akbar where she plays the character of Ruqaiya Begum, Akbar's first wife.
Unfortunately, after being signed in for the Zee TV project, she fell ill and has been hospitalised with high fever.
Smilie said she is anxious to get out of the hospital and start shooting for the period drama wherein she will appear on screen from eighth or ninth episode onwards.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one's not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my Kalyug character," said the actress.
- Pakhtun warlord’s career shows how many forces prop up non-state actor
- Samdhariya’s case points to a society bound together by violence against its children
- India’s changing demographic and epidemiological profile requires us to think bigger and better
- What these leaders do and say is worth watching — not BRICS
- Cyril Almeida’s story points to old faultlines and new strains in Pak army-govt relationship
- RBI rate cut suggests that it is interested in maintaining the growth momentum