Kamal Haasan gets support from Rajni
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Kamal Haasan, largely left to fend for himself over his latest venture Vishwaroopam, on Friday received support from another superstar of Tamil cinema, Rajnikanth.
Saying he was "saddened" over the controversy over the film — which Haasan scripted, directed and produced besides playing the lead — Rajnikanth said Kamal, whom he knew for four decades, "wouldn't hurt anyone". "The fact that he showed the movie to Islamic community says he respects them. Rs 100 crore is spent in the making of the movie. We should understand how much he would have suffered," said Rajnikanth. "On this Milad un Nabi, I request Muslim friends to sit and have a discussion with Kamal (to) work out a way to release the movie by making a few changes that would n't hamper the story," he said.