Kamal Haasan knocks Competition Commission of India door
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK register comprehensive victory over hapless DD
Veteran actor Kamal Haasan has moved fair trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI) against some theatre associations for allegedly restricting the release of his film 'Vishwaroopam'.
"We have received a complaint from Kamal Haasan (related to Viswaroopam)," a senior CCI official said. The complaint is against some theatre associations for allegedly restricting the release of the film, the official said.
This is the second instance that an eminent film personality has lodged a complaint with the CCI.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’