Kamal Haasan knocks Competition Commission of India door
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Veteran actor Kamal Haasan has moved fair trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI) against some theatre associations for allegedly restricting the release of his film 'Vishwaroopam'.
"We have received a complaint from Kamal Haasan (related to Viswaroopam)," a senior CCI official said. The complaint is against some theatre associations for allegedly restricting the release of the film, the official said.
This is the second instance that an eminent film personality has lodged a complaint with the CCI.