Kamal Haasan's 'Vishwaroopam' to premiere on Airtel DTH
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
Kamal Haasan's upcoming spy thriller'Viswaroopam' is all set to premiere on DTH platform via Airtel digital TV, a day before its theatrical release.
The first of its kind initiative in India will enable customers of Airtel DTH to view the movie 12 hours before its theatrical release.
"I'm proud to be associated with Airtel DTH in this pioneering venture, which takes the combination of entertainment and technology to even greater heights. I'm very happy with the thought that many more viewers will be able to enjoy Vishwaroopam in the comfort of their homes," said Haasan.
Produced and directed by Haasan, the film stars the 58-year-old actor in the lead alongwith Pooja Kumar, Rahul Bose, Andrea Jeremiah and Jaideep Ahlawat.
While the movie would release in theatres on January 11, 2013, it will be premiered on Airtel DTH's Pay Per View (PPV) at 9:30pm on January 10, 2013 in Tamil, Telugu & Hindi.
"We are proud to launch yet another industry first on Airtel DTH providing customers in the country an innovative opportunity to enjoy the movie before its theatrical release. I am certain that Kamal Haasan fans will make the maximum out of this initiative and enjoy the movie in the convenience of their homes along with family and friends," said Shashi Arora, CEO- DTH/ Media, Bharti Airtel.