Kamal Nath, Anand Mahindra honoured with Asian business awards
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Minister of Urban Development Kamal Nath and leading Indian industrialist Anand Mahindra were among a host of business leaders and policy makers from the Asian continent honoured by a business leadership forum for Asia in the UAE.
Business and government leaders, and policy makers from the UAE, Oman, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia attended the Asian Business Leadership Forum Awards, that honoured 17 outstanding achievers in the sectors of industry, infrastructure and energy in Abu Dhabi yesterday.
While Nath was awarded the ABLF Statesman Award, the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahindra Group was honoured with the ABLF Business Courage Award.
Among other Indian winners were Mallika Srinivasan, Chairman and CEO of TAFE who was awarded the ABLF Woman of Power Award; the Jaypee Group for the ABLF Business Excellence Award; and Baba Kalyani for the ABLF Lifetime Achievement Award.
"The Gulf, India and South-East Asia are among the fastest growing regions in the world and the contribution of key sectors such as Industry, Infrastructure and Energy must be highlighted. I am honoured to be felicitated in the UAE with the ABLF Statesman Award and I thank the ABLF Grand Jury and Strategic Advisory Panel for this recognition," said Nath through a video message.