'Kamasutra 3D' among 75 songs vying for Original Song Oscar
- Govt will not allow any religious group to incite hatred, says PM Modi
- Miraculous escape for Air India plane with 194 on board
- Sahara moves SC for extension of facilities to Roy in jail
- Eight killed in blast outside police complex in Pakistan
- World Cup 2015: Supreme Court asks Prasar Bharti to examine feasibility of a new channel
Five songs from Kerala-based filmmaker Rupesh Paul's multilingual film 'Kamasutra 3D' are among the 75 numbers in contention for nominations in the Original Song category for the 86th Oscars.
The 'Kamasutra 3D' has made it to the Best Original Song list with 'Aygiri Nadani', 'Har Har Mahadeva', 'I Felt', 'Of The Soil' and 'Sawariya', the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced.
The songs were composed by Chennai based music directors, Sachin and Sreejith while its lyrics are penned by Rupesh Paul and Pratyush Prakash.
The Sherlyn Chopra starrer is the only film other than 'Great Gatsby' to have five songs in the list.
Five films will be selected for nominations by the Academy members through votes. Only a maximum of two songs from a film can be in the top-five list.
The 86th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on January 16, 2014 and the award ceremony will take place on March 2, 2014.
This year 289 films are are eligible for the 2013 Academy Awards.
'Kamasutra 3D', which has already released in the US, is also in contention for nomination in the list for Best Motion Picture and Original Score.