Kamat reaps gold for Census 2011 work
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Senior Congress MP and former Union minister Gurudas Kamat has been conferred the Census 2011 gold medal for outstanding contribution to successful conduct of the operation. Kamat had undertaken the exercise when he was Union minister of state for home, communication and information technology. The Congress MP, who represents the Mumbai North-West constituency, will receive the award at the hands of President Pranab Mukherjee in New Delhi on January 11.