Kamte squash: Pathan-Ankita in last-eight
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Imroz Pathan and Ankita Sharma entered the quarterfinals of the doubles handicap category in the 4th Braveheart Ashok Kamte Squash Classic 2012 at the Bombay Gymkhana Squash Courts on Tuesday.
In the handicap doubles pre-quarterfinal match, Pathan and Ankita defeated Shashi Parekh and Awdesh Yadav 15-11 12-15 15-13.
In the men's first round matches, Saket Wali beat Amit Gajaria 11-8 11-9 11-6, while Anshul Goyal defeat Pradeep Paswan 11-8 11-9 12-10 to reach in the second round. Meanwhile, Maunil Vora earned a hard fought win against Abhijit Ghaghre, 11-9, 11-6, 5-11, 11-5.
Men's Open (Round 1): Hasrat Mohammed bt Ashish Iyer 11-6, 11-3, 11-6; Vivek Duhan bt VikasSingh 11-4, 11-10, 11-9; Ankit Acharya bt Ruchil Sandeep 11-0, 11-3, 11-4; Himanshu Kiraula Singh bt Virendra Chand 11-6, 11-3, 11-4; Javed Mohammed bt Mandar 11-2, 11-0, 11-3; Saket Wali bt Amit Gajaria 11-8, 11-9, 11-6; Anshul Goyal bt Pradeep Paswan 11-8, 11-9,12-10; Tanmay Govil bt Mufaddal S N 11-3, 11-3, 11-5; Rahil Fazelbhoy bt Jasmeeet Singh Ghai 11-4, 11-1, 11-1; Maunil Vora bt Abhijit Ghaghre 11-9, 11-6, 5-11, 11-5; Suhail Kapoor bt Aditya Nahate 11-3, 11-9, 11-7.