Kanda, Aruna blamed for ‘mental torture, blackmail’ of Geetika
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
Police file 1,028-page chargesheet in former MDLR air hostess suicide case
The police on Saturday submitted their chargesheet in the Geetika Sharma suicide case against former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his associate Aruna Chadha.
The chargesheet, running into 1,028 pages, said Kanda and Aruna unleashed "a series of malicious acts of mental torture, threat, blackmail and stress" on former air hostess Geetika Sharma which led to her suicide.
Geetika (23) was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in Northwest Delhi.
The police have booked Kanda and Aruna on charges of abetment to suicide, criminal conspiracy, criminal intimidation, destroying evidence, forging records, forgery of valuable security will and hacking computers for wrongful gains.
The statement of a gynaecologist submitted with the chargesheet (copies of which are with The Indian Express) reveals that Aruna made Geetika terminate her pregnancy in March this year.
The abortion was done at a clinic in Lajpat Nagar, the chargesheet stated.
The statement of the gynaecologist who conducted the abortion reads, ".....I know Aruna Chadha who is my old and regular patient and I am well acquainted with her family members too. I got a call from Aruna Chadha seeking an appointment for her friend Geetika Sharma ... Thereafter, Aruna Chadha came to my clinic on 9/2/2012 along with one Geetika Sharma, with the history of early pregnancy. She wanted an abortion."
According to the chargesheet, Geetika was so harassed that she had prepared a complaint against Kanda and mailed it to herself. The draft of the complaint was recovered by police from her email address. In that complaint, she alleged that some foul play was being attempted against her and that she was being forced to join MDLR Group again.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit