Kanda denied bail
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, arrested for his alleged role in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, was on Monday denied bail by the Delhi High Court.
The court dismissed Kanda's bail plea after hearing arguments from both the prosecution and defence counsel.
Kanda's counsel Mukul Rohatgi argued that several months have passed since his client's arrest on August 18, while the police too has filed the charge sheet and "now my client is entitled to bail." The senior advocate also said the circumstances of the case show "it is not a case of abetment of suicide but a case of infatuation." Opposing Kanda's bail plea, Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra said, "We are in the process of further investigation in the case and he, being a politician and an influential person, may influence witnesses in the case."
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi