Kanda denied bail
- Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, arrested for his alleged role in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, was on Monday denied bail by the Delhi High Court.
The court dismissed Kanda's bail plea after hearing arguments from both the prosecution and defence counsel.
Kanda's counsel Mukul Rohatgi argued that several months have passed since his client's arrest on August 18, while the police too has filed the charge sheet and "now my client is entitled to bail." The senior advocate also said the circumstances of the case show "it is not a case of abetment of suicide but a case of infatuation." Opposing Kanda's bail plea, Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra said, "We are in the process of further investigation in the case and he, being a politician and an influential person, may influence witnesses in the case."
- Patient’s death sparks protests, LNJP ward vandalised
- Under EC watch, money spent on campaigns on social media
- Woman used lipstick to write suicide note on wall: Police
- Unilever buys majority share in China water business
- Sisters married to a Nitish aide, one a JD(U) MLA, one an RJD nominee
- AAP men spar with Kejriwal, question LS tickets to Ashutosh, Rajmohan