Kangana Ranaut, a music teacher in I Love New Year
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Kangana Ranaut, who plays a music teacher in I Love New Year, trained for her role and learnt to play the guitar and the piano. Vinay Sapru, who has helmed the film together with Radhika Rao, says that the actor also trained for a month and a half to get the correct body language and the right expressions of a musician.
"The story unfolds over two days and one night, and will see the actor playing these instruments in a song and some flashback scenes. Kangana was, however, not satisfied with just running her fingers over the guitar strings or the piano keys as is generally shown in movies. She took the trouble of training with composer Pritam's team of musicians to get her act right. In fact, because of the training, she can now strum a couple of songs on the guitar," says Sapru.
The cast of the romantic musical includes Sunny Deol, who plays a dashing Wall Street banker, and British television actor Navin Chaudhary. I Love New Year releases on April 26.
Besides this, Ranaut has an interesting line up of films this year. In Shootout At Wadala (May 1) she plays a gangster's moll, her Diwali release Krrish 3, sees her play an alien, in Rajoo she is a mujra dancer, while in Nikita Pai, she turns a detective and for Rensil D' Silva's Ungli, she essays the role of a doctor.