Kangra candidates blame leadership for loss
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The first crucial meeting of the Himachal BJP held at Una on Thursday to discuss the factors that led to the party's defeat in the November 4 Assembly polls, ended in a blame game with defeated candidates from Kangra holding the top leadership responsible for the poor show.
While both former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and veteran BJP leader Shanta Kumar did not attend the meet, state BJP president Satpal Satti and party's national organising secretary Ram Lal came for the meeting.
All defeated and elected candidates beside district presidents and office bearers were also present.
According to sources, the leaders claimed that wrong distribution of tickets and inability of party to take steps for better coordination among leaders were major factors that led to the defeat.
The Kangra camp, while reportedly warning against putting the blame of the defeat on Shanta Kumar, alleged that the party leadership should take responsibility for the loss.