Kangra candidates blame leadership for loss
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
The first crucial meeting of the Himachal BJP held at Una on Thursday to discuss the factors that led to the party's defeat in the November 4 Assembly polls, ended in a blame game with defeated candidates from Kangra holding the top leadership responsible for the poor show.
While both former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and veteran BJP leader Shanta Kumar did not attend the meet, state BJP president Satpal Satti and party's national organising secretary Ram Lal came for the meeting.
All defeated and elected candidates beside district presidents and office bearers were also present.
According to sources, the leaders claimed that wrong distribution of tickets and inability of party to take steps for better coordination among leaders were major factors that led to the defeat.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might