Kapil Dev urges M S Dhoni to consider quitting IPL
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra
Legendary Indian all rounder Kapil Dev has urged Mahendra Singh Dhoni to contemplate not playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) to focus on the other formats of the game.
Dev said it is not possible for any player to keep playing regularly for 300 days an year with the same consistency, the Gulfnews.com reports. When asked whether he could suggest a replacement captain, Dev replied he doesn't have the authority to propose a new captain but believes someone has to be appointed based on his leadership capabilities.
Dev is one of the commentators for Cricket Radio for the India-Pakistan one-day series along with Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Akram and Rameez Raja. Dev further added that all the excitement of an India-Pakistan series is due to the passion of cricket fans from both the countries, and believes it would be nice if contests are held regularly between the two countries.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi