Kapil Dev urges M S Dhoni to consider quitting IPL
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Legendary Indian all rounder Kapil Dev has urged Mahendra Singh Dhoni to contemplate not playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) to focus on the other formats of the game.
Dev said it is not possible for any player to keep playing regularly for 300 days an year with the same consistency, the Gulfnews.com reports. When asked whether he could suggest a replacement captain, Dev replied he doesn't have the authority to propose a new captain but believes someone has to be appointed based on his leadership capabilities.
Dev is one of the commentators for Cricket Radio for the India-Pakistan one-day series along with Sunil Gavaskar, Wasim Akram and Rameez Raja. Dev further added that all the excitement of an India-Pakistan series is due to the passion of cricket fans from both the countries, and believes it would be nice if contests are held regularly between the two countries.
- Chavan sweetens deal for slum-dwellers
- ‘Buildings with approved layout plan should be exempted from SC order’
- WR puts brakes on new suburban services
- UP Doctors Protest: SP MLA booked as strike called off
- Raj Thackeray initiates talks with fringe parties
- Ministers, corporators fight over credit for public projects