Kapil Sharma to perform for women's cause in Delhi
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at Narendra Modi, says anger and arrogance have no place in politics
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
On December 16, Kapil Sharma, host of popular comedy show ' Comedy Nights With Kapil', would be performing at a charity concert in Delhi in aid of distressed women and children. The concert is being organised by a BJP worker Anurag Thakur (son of the former chief minister of Himachal Pradesh Prem Kumar Dhumal).
Kapil Sharma wants to make it clear that he has no political affiliations. "I am doing this concert because Anurag is a friend. More importantly, it's for a good cause. However, if people choose to see a political relevance in this, what can I do? I can't stop living my life the way I want to because of the criticism. I want to bring a smile on everyone's face. But I know everyone doesn't have to feel the same way about me."
What better candidate for Indian Of The Year? CNN-IBN has nominated Kapil Sharma for the honour.
Kapil says with unstoppable pride, "When I saw my name for Indian Of The Year along with Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone, Shah Rukh Khan and the team of the film 'The Lunchbox' I was clean-bowled. I never expected I'd one day be mentioned in the same breath as these achievers. It feels good. But it also puts a big responsibility on my shoulders. I have to keep generating laughter constantly. It isn't easy. We are trying to introduce new means of entertainment on my show."
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- Kejriwal’s capitalism | The Indian Express
- Singhal: Hindus should have at least 5 children | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Government blames BJP for delay in passage of Telangana bill in Rajya Sabha, may extend Parliament session