Kapil Sibal launches website for Urdu poetry lovers
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal launched the website 'www.rekhta.org' - an initiative by Rekhta Foundation in the capital. The website is a gateway to the world of Urdu poetry and features recitation, a dynamic dictionary, a search engine, rare e-books, etc for ardent Urdu lovers.
Sanjiv Saraf, a passionate admirer of Urdu poetry and founder of Rekhta Foundation, said, "I faced a lot of difficulty in finding ghazals online in Roman or in Hindi – the scripts I was comfortable with. Also, even the contents which are available are not complete and authentic. Over a period of time, I realised that a large number of lovers of Urdu poetry - who do not know Urdu script – must be facing the same problems. In order to fill this gap, I decided to create a resource where Urdu poetry would be easily available in other scripts."