Kapil Sibal launches website for Urdu poetry lovers
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal launched the website 'www.rekhta.org' - an initiative by Rekhta Foundation in the capital. The website is a gateway to the world of Urdu poetry and features recitation, a dynamic dictionary, a search engine, rare e-books, etc for ardent Urdu lovers.
Sanjiv Saraf, a passionate admirer of Urdu poetry and founder of Rekhta Foundation, said, "I faced a lot of difficulty in finding ghazals online in Roman or in Hindi – the scripts I was comfortable with. Also, even the contents which are available are not complete and authentic. Over a period of time, I realised that a large number of lovers of Urdu poetry - who do not know Urdu script – must be facing the same problems. In order to fill this gap, I decided to create a resource where Urdu poetry would be easily available in other scripts."