Kapil Sibal launches website for Urdu poetry lovers
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Minister of Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal launched the website 'www.rekhta.org' - an initiative by Rekhta Foundation in the capital. The website is a gateway to the world of Urdu poetry and features recitation, a dynamic dictionary, a search engine, rare e-books, etc for ardent Urdu lovers.
Sanjiv Saraf, a passionate admirer of Urdu poetry and founder of Rekhta Foundation, said, "I faced a lot of difficulty in finding ghazals online in Roman or in Hindi – the scripts I was comfortable with. Also, even the contents which are available are not complete and authentic. Over a period of time, I realised that a large number of lovers of Urdu poetry - who do not know Urdu script – must be facing the same problems. In order to fill this gap, I decided to create a resource where Urdu poetry would be easily available in other scripts."
Rekhta Foundation is a non-profit organization founded to promote Urdu poetry. In its endeavor to take Urdu poetry to a wider audience, the foundation has developed a website where Urdu poetry is made available in Hindi, Urdu and Roman scripts.