Karan Johar wants to work with Lootera director Vikramaditya Motwane
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who is all praise for director Vikramaditya Motwane, has expressed his desire to work with him.
Karan has seen Vikramaditya Motwane's latest offering Lootera and is going ga-ga about it. The film, a period romance, will release on July 5.
Asked if he would offer projects to Vikramaditya Motwane under his home banner, Dharma Productions, Karan said, "I would love to have him on board. In fact, I had told him that after watching his first film Udaan (2010)...so let's see."
Calling the 36-year-old as one of the finest Bollywood filmmakers, Karan said he is highly impressed by Lootera, featuring Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead.
"It's not every day that we get to see an impressive love story. He has extracted terrific performances from Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha. Both should be proud that at such a young age, they have come up with such powerful performances," Karan maintained.
"We haven't seen such a love story on celluloid in a long time. Kudos to Ekta (Kapoor, the co-producer) and Vikram," he added.