Karan Veer, Angad shine in host teamís victory
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Riding high on Karan Veer Khosla's brilliant knock of 80 runs and Angad Khera's bowling heroics (7 for 6), Vivek High Asian Cricket Academy recorded a facile 91-run win over Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 10, in a match played during the 2nd Sardar Bhagwant Singh Memorial Cricket Tournament at the Vivek High School, Sector 38 in Chandigarh on Saturday. Although in the second match of the day, the hosts had to bite dust as they lost the match to St John's School, Sector 26, by 10 runs in a keenly fought encounter.
Playing in the first match, Vivek High Asian Cricket Academy posted a total of 190 runs for the loss of four wickets in 20 overs. Karan Veer Khosla played a fluent knock of 80 runs for the home team. Sidharth too played a useful knock of 40 runs to propel the Vivek team.
For GMSSS, Sector 10, Alkesh (2 for 22) and Ankush (2 for 24) were the main wicket taking bowlers. In reply, GMSS Sector 10 were skittled out for paltry 99 runs in 14.2 overs. Angad bowled a superb spell to take seven wickets and put the opposition on the back foot.
In the second match, St John's School, Sector 26, beat Vivek High School by 10 runs. For St John's School, Pranjay Sharma scored the highest 64 runs, to enable his team to record the win. While bowling, Pratul Chaudhary (3 for 27) bowled well for the winning team.
Match I: Vivek High Asian Cricket Academy: 190 for 4 in 20 overs (Karan Veer Khosla 80, Sidharth 40,Vikram Brar 22, Alkesh 2 for 22, Ankush 2 for 24) beat Govt Model Senior Secondary School-10: 99 all out in 14.2 overs (Sunny 30, Ankush 20, Angad Khera 7 for 6, Sidharth 2 for 16)
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'