Karat accuses Haryana govt of apathy towards rape victims
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat Sunday attacked Haryana's Bhupinder Singh Hooda government for its alleged apathy towards rape victims and demanded that they be provided legal, financial and medical aid and rehabilitated properly. "There are around 20 cases which are six to eight months old. Leave alone they being sent to the court, even FIRs have not been registered in many of them and accused have not been arrested so far as most of the victims are from poor Dalit families. Haryana government has done nothing except for giving assurances," she told reporters at a public hearing on rape cases organised by several women right's group here at Jantar Mantar.