Kareena Kapoor Khan: I am scared of working in south films
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan may be a part of a Priyadarshan film which has South actor Mohanlal in the lead role.
According to reports Priyadarshan is making a movie based on the life of Kunjali Marakkar, a valiant warrior. Mohanlal has been roped in for the main role and
rumours suggest that the director is keen on casting Kareena opposite the South superstar.
But the 33-year-old actress rubbished all such reports and said she can't even speak Malayalam.
"I haven't got the offer. I don't think I will do a Malayalam (film). I get many offers from South but I get scared to work as I can't speak Tamil, Telugu," she adds.
Meanwhile, Kareena Kapoor Khan might star opposite Farhan Akhtar in a biopic on renowned Urdu poet and Hindi lyricist Sahir Ludhianvi.
Farhan Akhtar will play the legendary songwriter and Kareena is likely to reprise the role of Amrita Pritam, who was the love interest of Ludhianvi.
"I have been offered the film and I am still in the process of reading it, I am going through it," Kareena said.
This film will be produced by Ashi Dua and directed by Jasmeet Reen. Kareena had earlier walked out of one of Zoya Akhtar's film but that hasn't strained her relation either with Zoya or Farhan.
"Its an actor's prerogative and choice to do a film or not. And I am friendly with Zoya and Farhan... They are wonderful, they keep offering me films. And it is an actor's choice which film to do and not," she said.
It was learnt that Kareena will have to build a tough physique for Karan Johar's next production film 'Shuddhi'.
Ask her if she would ever take up a role where she need to do something challenging physically, Kareena said, "I don't like action films, they don't excite me much. So I don't know ... not sure. I did it once in 'Tashan' and that is enough.
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express