Kareena Kapoor Khan: I am scared of working in south films
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan may be a part of a Priyadarshan film which has South actor Mohanlal in the lead role.
According to reports Priyadarshan is making a movie based on the life of Kunjali Marakkar, a valiant warrior. Mohanlal has been roped in for the main role and
rumours suggest that the director is keen on casting Kareena opposite the South superstar.
But the 33-year-old actress rubbished all such reports and said she can't even speak Malayalam.
"I haven't got the offer. I don't think I will do a Malayalam (film). I get many offers from South but I get scared to work as I can't speak Tamil, Telugu," she adds.
Meanwhile, Kareena Kapoor Khan might star opposite Farhan Akhtar in a biopic on renowned Urdu poet and Hindi lyricist Sahir Ludhianvi.
Farhan Akhtar will play the legendary songwriter and Kareena is likely to reprise the role of Amrita Pritam, who was the love interest of Ludhianvi.
"I have been offered the film and I am still in the process of reading it, I am going through it," Kareena said.
This film will be produced by Ashi Dua and directed by Jasmeet Reen. Kareena had earlier walked out of one of Zoya Akhtar's film but that hasn't strained her relation either with Zoya or Farhan.
"Its an actor's prerogative and choice to do a film or not. And I am friendly with Zoya and Farhan... They are wonderful, they keep offering me films. And it is an actor's choice which film to do and not," she said.
It was learnt that Kareena will have to build a tough physique for Karan Johar's next production film 'Shuddhi'.
Ask her if she would ever take up a role where she need to do something challenging physically, Kareena said, "I don't like action films, they don't excite me much. So I don't know ... not sure. I did it once in 'Tashan' and that is enough.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer