Kareena Kapoor Khan: I am scared of working in south films
- Supreme Court orders Vijay Mallya to declare all assets, banks reject his proposal
- #PanamaPapers India Part 4: Tyre dealer, boutique owner, top CA
- Panama Papers: FIFA ethics judge Damiani resigns while under suspicion
- This isn’t India, get us out of here: Protesting students at NIT Srinagar
- Manmohan Singh hits out against Modi govt, says its Pakistan policy is 'in shambles'
Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan may be a part of a Priyadarshan film which has South actor Mohanlal in the lead role.
According to reports Priyadarshan is making a movie based on the life of Kunjali Marakkar, a valiant warrior. Mohanlal has been roped in for the main role and
rumours suggest that the director is keen on casting Kareena opposite the South superstar.
But the 33-year-old actress rubbished all such reports and said she can't even speak Malayalam.
"I haven't got the offer. I don't think I will do a Malayalam (film). I get many offers from South but I get scared to work as I can't speak Tamil, Telugu," she adds.
Meanwhile, Kareena Kapoor Khan might star opposite Farhan Akhtar in a biopic on renowned Urdu poet and Hindi lyricist Sahir Ludhianvi.
Farhan Akhtar will play the legendary songwriter and Kareena is likely to reprise the role of Amrita Pritam, who was the love interest of Ludhianvi.
"I have been offered the film and I am still in the process of reading it, I am going through it," Kareena said.
This film will be produced by Ashi Dua and directed by Jasmeet Reen. Kareena had earlier walked out of one of Zoya Akhtar's film but that hasn't strained her relation either with Zoya or Farhan.
"Its an actor's prerogative and choice to do a film or not. And I am friendly with Zoya and Farhan... They are wonderful, they keep offering me films. And it is an actor's choice which film to do and not," she said.
It was learnt that Kareena will have to build a tough physique for Karan Johar's next production film 'Shuddhi'.
Ask her if she would ever take up a role where she need to do something challenging physically, Kareena said, "I don't like action films, they don't excite me much. So I don't know ... not sure. I did it once in 'Tashan' and that is enough.
- Nuclear Security Summit brought a timely focus on the link between nuclear and cyber security
- Baba Patriotism: Why Ramdev would do well to go into vanvaas
- Telescope: Anandi to Pratyusha
- From nuclear decision-making to foreign relations, Sharif seems to be gasping for breath
- No jobs in sight: There is a mounting employment crisis in India
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes