Kareena Kapoor Khan's new career game plan revealed
- AAP sacks two leaders for demanding money
- Nothing spotted in search for MH370, says Australia
- After Advani, itâs Jaswant sulking now
- India vs Pakistan Live Cricket Score: India seal World T20 opener with comprehensive win
- Shakti Mills gangrape: Mumbai court sentences four convicts to life imprisonment
With the signing of a film each with Dev Benegal and Rohit Shetty, Kareena Kapoor Khan has embarked on a new phase in her career. It's time for the very beautiful actress to re-invent her career. And with the signing of Dev Benegal's 'Bombay Samurai', Kareena Kapoor has finally opened the doors to avante -grade directors.
A close friend of Kareena said: "Though she has done out-of-the-box films like Sudhir Mishra's 'Chameli' and Govind Nihalani's 'Dev', Kareena has largely shied away from unconventional films. Aanand Rai was very keen to cast her in 'Raanjhanaa'. But she got cold feet."
Aanand Rai admits he was keen on Kareena Kapoor at one point for 'Raanjhanaa'. "But she just didn't seem interested. I don't think she knew about me. Once I zeroed in on Sonam, it was Sonam all the way."
Another director desperately desirous of working with Kareena Kapoor was, and is, Sudhir Mishra. Two years ago he wanted to cast her with Farhan Akhtar in a desi Rajasthan-based adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet. Like many other Bollywood attempts to adapt Hamlet, Dhruv too fell by the wayside largely because of Kareena's indecisiveness regarding an unconventional director.
Kareena Kapoor had said to me: "I'd love to work with Sudhir Mishra again after 'Chameli'. But if I do another film it can't be Hamlet which is way too dark and edgy. I want to do a masala film opposite Farhan."
While the Farhan Akhtar, Kareena Kapoor pair is finally happening with Dev Benegal's film, projects with Sudhir Mishra and Aanand Rai are also being discreetly discussed.
Kareena Kapoor Khan is in the mood to sink her teeth into meaty roles. Dibakar Bannerjee is also likely to cast her.
But hang on. Kareena Kapoor is not giving up the commercial masala stuff. No way! She has just given the nod to Rohit Shetty's 'Singham 2'. But only after he re-wrote the role to suit her star status.
- Son Karti replaces Chidambaram in Sivaganga
- Uneasy NDA vs struggling INLD and Cong, with AAP thrown in
- BJP has a Tamil Nadu front, if the allies do stick together
- Kapil Sibal files papers, says no Modi wave in Chandni Chowk
- RSS gives L K Advani illusion of choice
- Nandan Nilekani, wife declare assets worth Rs 7,700 cr