Kareena Kapoor not to star opposite SRK in 'Chennai Express'
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Director Rohit Shetty has quashed rumours of Kareena Kapoor being cast opposite Shahrukh Khan in his next project 'Chennai Express' and says that the leading lady will be finalised soon.
"I have not really (approached Kareena Kapoor), she knows what I am making. I might do something else with Kareena," said Shetty.
Grapevine is abuzz that Deepika Padukone is likely to feature opposite King Khan in the film.
"Just wait for ten days and then everyone will come to know who it is. In ten days time, we will announce our heroine," he said.
Interestingly for Shetty, 'Chennai Express' is the first film where he will be working without his close buddy Ajay Devgn. In all the eight films that Shetty has directed till date, Ajay has been a common factor and the director says CE, should be taken as an exception.
"There is no fight, there is no negativity happening between us. We are working together for 'Singham 2'. I don't think people should question the bond we share," Shetty said.
Ask him if there is any scope where he can have Ajay Devgn doing a cameo in the film, the 39-year-old director says, "Not really as the script is almost ready. In two months we will start shooting."
'Chennai Express' will go on floors from the end of September and release would happen mid-next year.
The film will be a total commercial - "Rohit Shetty style", where one would get to see his signature style like cars blowing up.
"I do all those things (blowing up cars and all) for kids as they enjoy it. It became a trademark for all films. All this will happen in 'Chennai Express' as well ...but not blowing up the trains," he chuckled.
'Chennai Express' is a story about a man who travels from Mumbai to Rameshwaram and what happens during the journey, is what the film is about.
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’
- A nun-lawyer’s habit starts court dress code debate in Delhi
- They have not voted for 10 years
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- State registers 61 pc voter turnout in phase II
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan