Kareena Kapoor's 'Fevicol' challenges Katrina Kaif's 'Chameli'
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
Call in coincidental but the race for being the Numero Uno superstar heroine in Bollywood is seeing a fitting culmination for itself with an item number no less. It all started with Katrina Kaif's 'Chikni Chameli' jig for Agneepath which was officially the first item number of the year. Now as 2012 comes to a close, it is Kareena Kapoor's 'Fevicol' from Dabangg 2 which would be tagged as Bollywood's concluding item number of the year.
"Incidentally neither Katrina nor Kareena are the leading ladies in the respective films. Katrina did it since you don't say no when Karan Johar offers you a song in a Hrithik Roshan starrer. On the other hand, Kareena is very friendly with Salman Khan and it was a given that when he would call, she would be present", says a source.
Now it has to be seen if 'Fevicol' trounces 'Chikni Chameli' as the number one item number of the year.
"'Chikni Chameli' was an instant hit on its release and can be heard even till date. There was a novelty factor to it since Katrina had never gone as so 'desi' before. That very factor coupled with the fact that the tune by itself was so catchy and dance steps bordering on erotic that made 'Chikni Chameli' so hugely popular", adds an observer.
On the other hand, Kareena Kapoor is quite seasoned herself when it comes to item numbers. Though this year her 'Halkat Jawani' didn't quite cover much of a distance, her 'Chammak Challo' act from last year is remembered till date.
"'Fevicol' could well fill in for Kareena's lack of a chartbuster song this year", says a source attached to Dabangg 2, "Let's not forget that the song is choreographed by Farah Khan. Moreover, Kareena is filling in the slot that was earlier occupied by Malaika Arora Khan's 'Munni Badnaam' in Dabangg. She has given it all to the song and it would be unveiled quite close to the film's release since it is so special."
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity