Kargil conflict: 500 Pakistani soldiers were killed, PML-N demands inquiry
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
"f there is no accountability, another general like Musharraf could do the same thing in future," he said.
A PML-N government headed by party chief Nawaz Sharif was in power at the time when Pakistani soldiers captured strategic heights along the LoC in early 1999.
The troops were forced to withdraw following counter-attacks by Indian forces backed by artillery and airpower.
Following the Pakistan Army's debacle in Kargil, relations between Sharif and Musharraf deteriorated and the PML-N government was removed in a bloodless coup.
Though Aziz has said he had come across information that suggested Sharif was not kept totally in the dark about the Kargil operation, Khan contended that he had a 'lot of proof' about what the generals had told Sharif in 1999.
Khan said he would also raise his demand for an inquiry in the National Assembly.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress