Kargil hero Saurabh Kalia's father approaches UNHRC
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
The External Affairs Ministry said that it has seen reports on Kalia's father approaching the UNHRC on television channels.
"We will see what the nature of this petition is because usually the UNHRC only acts in terms of initiatives taken by members because it is an inter-state body."
The ministry said that India had taken up the issue with Pakistan earlier and the then External Affairs Minister Jaswant Singh had condemned this incident.
- Fencing of Shakti Mills complete, PWD tells HC
- Muslim bodies urge voters to defeat ‘non-secular forces’
- Gandhis looted the nation: Modi
- Meagre pay, stress fuelling aggression in drivers: Gurgaon transport official
- North corpn orders probe against senior official after complaint by colleague
- Malfunctioning traffic light not repaired despite complaints