Karkardooma metro station firing: Man shoots wife dead, injures father-in-law
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
A 25-year-old woman was shot dead and her father injured here in Karkardooma metro station in east Delhi allegedly by her husband, who was fighting a divorce case.
The incident took place on the escalator of the metro station around 12.10 pm. The deceased has been identified as Deepti.
Pawan, the accused, fled the scene after leaving the 12 bore double barrel gun at the spot.
Deepti and her father Bisham Das were entering the Metro through an escalator when Pawan allegedly opened fire even as bystanders watched in horror, but he fled before anyone, including securitymen, could take any action.
Metro users fled in panic and many were later seen berating officials for the lax security and their inability to catch the culprit.
She was rushed to nearby Hedgewar Hospital but was declared brought dead while Das is undergoing treatment in Deepak Memorial Hospital.
Five empty cartridges and the car in which the assailant came to the spot were recovered from the spot, the police said.
They said Pawan and Deepti were involved in a divorce case.
This is the second firing incident in the capital today. Earlier in the day, a local BSP leader was shot dead by two unidentified assailants in South Delhi.