Karkardooma metro station firing: Man shoots wife dead, injures father-in-law
- Angry Nitish hits back, says Modi has contempt for those who seek rights
- OROP: Delhi Police says sorry, PMO steps in to pacify agitating ex-servicemen
- 7 dead after boulder hits Manikaran Gurudwara in Himachal
- Sri Lanka polls: Wickremesinghe to return as PM, Rajapaksa concedes defeat
- Home buyers to benefit from govt move on Okhla Bird Sanctuary
A 25-year-old woman was shot dead and her father injured here in Karkardooma metro station in east Delhi allegedly by her husband, who was fighting a divorce case.
The incident took place on the escalator of the metro station around 12.10 pm. The deceased has been identified as Deepti.
Pawan, the accused, fled the scene after leaving the 12 bore double barrel gun at the spot.
Deepti and her father Bisham Das were entering the Metro through an escalator when Pawan allegedly opened fire even as bystanders watched in horror, but he fled before anyone, including securitymen, could take any action.
Metro users fled in panic and many were later seen berating officials for the lax security and their inability to catch the culprit.
She was rushed to nearby Hedgewar Hospital but was declared brought dead while Das is undergoing treatment in Deepak Memorial Hospital.
Five empty cartridges and the car in which the assailant came to the spot were recovered from the spot, the police said.
They said Pawan and Deepti were involved in a divorce case.