Karunanidhi backs Ramadoss
- Vijay Mallya tells SC he is willing to pay Rs 4000 crores of bank loans
- 18-year-old madrasa student’s arm broken for not saying ‘Jai Mata Ki’
- Pakistan's 'spy' video raises questions, his India trail offers clues
- PM Modi arrives in Belgium to attend India-EU summit
- Uttarakhand crisis: Centre moves HC challenging its order for floor test
In the eye of a storm kicked up by his recent stridency over his anti-Dalit campaign, Pattali Makkal Katchi founder-leader S Ramadoss received support from unexpected quarters in the form of a former ally, DMK president M Karunanidhi, on Tuesday.
Basing his support on the principle of freedom of expression, Karunanidhi condemned the administration for barring Ramadoss from entering the districts of Ramanathapuram, Madurai and now Cuddalore, charging this could be part of intimidatory tactics against opposition parties ahead of the general elections next year.
- Uttarakhand shows how BJP promises of cooperative federalism
- There was ghar wapsi and beef. Nationalism has been added to the list
- The legend of parachuting cats
- Punjab’s fair weather critics
- India has found itself a new hero in Virat Kohli
- Bharat Mata pivot gives BJP a narrative to link what the RSS wants