Karunanidhi backs Ramadoss
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
In the eye of a storm kicked up by his recent stridency over his anti-Dalit campaign, Pattali Makkal Katchi founder-leader S Ramadoss received support from unexpected quarters in the form of a former ally, DMK president M Karunanidhi, on Tuesday.
Basing his support on the principle of freedom of expression, Karunanidhi condemned the administration for barring Ramadoss from entering the districts of Ramanathapuram, Madurai and now Cuddalore, charging this could be part of intimidatory tactics against opposition parties ahead of the general elections next year.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?